One Industry, One Voice intiative gathers momentum with clear cross-industry representation and support
The crowdfunding drive launched this week for the One Industry, One Voice awareness initiative has surpassed its initial target of £30,000.
With £35,000 already pledged, more support is needed to provide as much firepower as possible to the #WeCreateExperiences campaign to aid the national and regional press focus on the key positive messages: reassurance that the UK industry are global leaders and therefore ready to deliver safely, inspiring the public and corporate customers with its scope of live events that touch so many people’s lives, and reminding them of the positive impact these experiences have on wellbeing, supporting society and the value to the economy.
Businesses employing fewer than 50 people and annual turnover below £10m may pledge £250, while larger organisations can contribute £500. Sole traders, freelancers, and small companies are free contribute what they can afford. Those who wish to contribute, or have already pledged but have not yet paid, should follow this link.
The campaign is being driven by a newly-formed Action Group, led by the Business Visits and Events Partnership (BVEP), and now meets regularly to discuss, stress test, and factor in key messages and craft the PR brief, which is being put out to tender this week.
The next phase is to divide the group into smaller committees tasked with driving different areas, including to run and conclude the PR tendering and sourcing, managing the activation content and high-profile personalities support, and the collection of the pledged funds.
If you would like to contribute to the Action Group’s work in any way, please contact them as shown below.
The Action Group is chaired by Simon Hughes, chair of the BVEP, and is joined by the following:
- Rick Stainton, Smyle (pictured)
- Martin Fullard, Mash Media
- Chetan Shah, Micebook
- Mike Kunheim, Jack Morton
- Tim Collett, WRG, The Creative Engagement Group
- Will Mould, XYZ
- Jeremy Rees, ExCeL London
- Michael Wyrley-Birch, TRO
- Nick Morgan, We Are The Fair
- Simon Tracey, Vibration Group
- Dale Parmenter, DRPG
- Anita Howard, ICE
- Claire Wormsley, The Media House
- Justin Hammond, Maestra Group
- Paul Stoddart, CWT Meetings and Events
- Sarah Haywood, Sarah Haywood Events
- Greg Lawson, Smart Group
- Charlotte Gentry, Pure Communications Group/(EVCOM)
- Steve Squires, GetConnekted
- Judy Elvey, MPI UK&I
- Andy Lenthall, Production Services Association (PSA)
- Michael Kill, NTIA
- Carmen Searle, Association of Event Organisers (AEO) and Events Industry Alliance (representing the AEV and ESSA).
The #WeCreateExperiences movement was conceived by Rick Stainton, executive group director at creative agency Smyle, who put the idea forward at Mash Media’s #GetBritainMeeting summit in July and is fronted by the BVEP.
Rick Stainton, group executive director, Smyle: email@example.com
Simon Hughes, chair of the BVEP, on firstname.lastname@example.org