Hire Space Awards 2019 winners announced
Venue-hire platform Hire Space hosted its annual Hire Space Awards at The National Gallery, 17 October, which welcomed 260 event professionals.
The awards celebrated the best of the events industry by rewarding venues and event bookers from across the UK. Comedian Robin Morgan also hosted the Awards.
BMA House and The House of St Barnabus became the first venue to retain awards on two consecutive years: the Greenest Venue and Venue in the Community Awards.
Winners were selected from a panel of industry judges, which included Virginia Figuero, events lead at Bupa and Lauren Wakefiled, head of events at PA Consulting Group.
Edward Poland, co-founder of Hire Space, said: “This was a wonderful evening in a beautiful setting celebrating some of the events world’s most forward-thinking venues and event organisers. We’re hugely grateful to all sponsors and partners who made the evening possible.”
The full list of winners included:
Forward Thinking Venues
• Best All-Round Use of Technology - Cineworld at the O2
• Best Newcomer - Events @ No. 6 • Greenest Venue - BMA House
• Venue in the Community - The House of St Barnabas
• Best Unique Venue - Cutty Sark
• Venue Team of the Year - Carousel
• Unsung Hero 2019 - Camilla Criswell, wedding and events sales executive, Dartmouth House
Modern Venue Marketing
• Best Online Marketing - One Park Crescent
• Best Venue Portfolio Marketing - The Office Group
• Best Experiential Venue - Swingers - The Crazy Golf Club
• Best Wedding Venue - RSA House
• Best Private Dining Venue - The National Gallery
• Best Conference Venue - BMA House
Superstar Event Organisers
• Events Team Of The Year - London Business Forum
• Outstanding Event Contribution - Sian Breimann - event team manager, Newable