The organiser of meetings industry tradeshow International Confex
, UBM, has announced it is launching a new initiative, a Buyer Advisory Board, for the 2013 show.
It is hoped that the initiative will allow the show to gain closer engagement with senior event buyers and help curate the experience to meet the needs of visitors to the event.
“It is vital that International Confex, as an exhibition that serves the meetings market, continues to engage with our industry,” says the show’s Event Manager, James Samuel. “We see it as our responsibility to continue to immerse ourselves with the industry by working with the biggest brands and thought leaders.
“This initiative gives us a fantastic opportunity to get into the mindset of what will allow buyers to justify spending precious time away from the office to attend our show,” he adds.
The Buyer Advisory Board consists of:
The board will meet regularly over the next 10 months to help evolve the show strategy and content.
- Leigh Jagger, CEO of Banks Sadler
- Aileen Reuter, Marketing Director at HRD Grass Roots
- Alexis Butler, Head of Creative Services at Zibrant
- Rob Harrison, Director Group Strategy and Performance at Congrex
- Jacqui Kavanagh, Managing Director at Trinity Event Solutions
- Samme Allen, President of Meeting Professionals International (MPI) UK and Ireland Chapter
- James Rees, President of the International Congress and Convention Association (ICCA) UK and Ireland Chapter
- Paul Banham, Business Development Director at Crown BC
- Jane Baker, Business Development Manager at CWT Meetings and Events
- Sue Potton, Managing Director at Sue Potton Associates
Kavanagh said: “We were impressed with the great strides that Confex made this year. We are delighted that the show team is listening to our needs as visitors and responding with the education, networking and show floor that make it well worth leaving the office for. The steering group is an excellent initiative and we are looking forward to the first meeting.”
Any conference-related news? Email email@example.com