Showcase AVI is looking for an apprentice audio visual technician to join its team on an initial 12-month contract.
This is an opportunity for an apprentice to grow, train and develop as an audio visual technician. They will start by shadowing AV Technicians within the warehouse and also develop skills with in house training, manufacture knowledge training and later assist AV Technicians on site with live support as they develop.
Closing date: 9 July 2017
Weekly wage: £224.00
Hours: Monday to Friday – 8.30am to 5.30pm (some weekend work may be required)
Total hours per week: 40
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 17 July 2017
Job reference number: VAC001255831
Outline of main duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery, installation and collection of audio visual equipment to client sites in UK
- Preparation of all set & stage products
- Preparation and testing of all audio visual equipment and cabling
- Operation of equipment for conferences, awards, exhibitions and venue installations – dependent on knowledge
- A current driving license is essential.
- Required to assist when necessary throughout the region dependent on business levels. Unsociable hours and weekend working will be expected.
- Responsible for the stock control, maintenance and cleanliness of all of the equipment, reporting all equipment malfunctions and inaccuracies.
- Accurate processing of all paperwork for delivery, collection & goods in
- Product quality control, checking and maintaining of equipment prior to delivery & collection
- Knowledge and an interest in and a want to train in the setting up and operating of audio visual equipment on client sites.
- Good personal presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Working through projects on internal booking system.
- Working closely with the project team/clients to deliver technical elements.
- Liaison with internal departments.
- Training and knowledge with understanding and reading of CAD designs
- Setting up, operating, dismantling audio, video and lighting in accordance with general health and safety regulations and procedures.
- Any other duties as requested by project account managers.