The Convention Centre Dublin (The CCD) has extended its catering partner contract with Fitzers Catering Ltd for a further five years.
Fitzers Catering, under the CCD Hospitality banner, has managed hospitality at The CCD since the venue opened in 2010.
The contract news comes days after The CCD became the third venue worldwide to receive the World Obesity Federation’s Healthy Venues award, gaining silver status.
The Healthy Venues Award encourages venues to support their delegates and staff in making healthier choices while attending conferences.
Stephen Meehan, CEO of The CCD said of the news: “We are delighted to continue working with the team at Fitzers and are excited about the innovations they will bring, particularly in light of our Silver Healthy Venue accreditation.”
Leonard Fearon, director and executive head chef at Fitzers Catering added: “We are thrilled to extend our partnership with The CCD. It’s a testament to the long-standing relationship we have with the team as well as our continued commitment to service excellence.”
The CCD already had a number of the requirements in place to provide a healthy venue for delegates and implemented the final initiatives to meet the strict criteria which include:
· A Healthy Venue committee to manage the programme
· A complete range of healthy menu options and services
· Clear food content labelling and allergen information
· Digital signage that encourages delegates to take the stairs, avail of standing space in meeting rooms and take regular active breaks
· Support from event managers to incorporate physical activity into delegate programmes.
· Walking and running routes in the local area for delegates available on the website.
· Printed maps of the local area at reception and on the website highlighting local services.
· Space that can be used for fitness and relaxation sessions.
· Information on how to get here by foot and by bike to encourage active travel to the venue.
· Facilities for standing and walking receptions.
· An internal staff pacer challenge.
The other venues to receive the Healthy Venues Award are the SECC Glasgow, which obtained silver accreditation in February 2016 and Vancouver Convention Centre which received bronze accreditation in May 2016.
Photo credit: Jason Clarke Photography