Following its AGM, the All Party Parliamentary Group for the UK Events Industry (APPG) has agreed its new list of officers. They are:
- Chair, James Heappey MP (Conservative)
- Vice-chair, Christian Matheson MP (Labour)
- Vice-chair, Viscount Waverley (Crossbench)
- Officer, Chris Davies MP (Conservative)
- Officer, Nigel Huddleston MP (Conservative)
Welcoming the new composition of the APPG, James Heappey MP (pictured) said: “I’m delighted to welcome my colleagues onto the APPG and thank them for their enthusiasm and dedication in keeping the events industry on Parliament’s radar. We have a lot of work to do and some challenges to tackle. But my fellow APPG members and I are determined to make sure Parliamentarians keep events of all kinds front of mind in the coming year.”
The cross-party group describes its formal purpose as:
· To represent the UK events industry in Parliament
· To highlight the value of the industry
· To engage with politicians and industry representatives
· To ensure that the UK benefits from the success of large internationally prominent events.
Specialist industry PR & communications agency Davies Tanner continues to provide the official registered secretariat and communications support to the APPG. A new programme of meetings for 2017 is set to be confirmed shortly.