Damian Hutt, executive director of Associations Network, organisers of the Associations World Congress, announced (11 April) the organisation has changed its name to the Society of Association Executives.
Effective immediately, the name change is part of a host of new developments, including:
· A new website portal www.associationexecutives.org
· Free of charge membership. Membership is open for joining now.
· A new video channel: AssociationsTV in partnership with global news broadcaster ITV Productions – www.associationsTV.com .
· The appointment of a head of membership and research, raising the organisation’s team to 11 people.
· Two new events: UK Association Events Strategy Conference, taking place on 23-24 May in London, and Engage2016 – The Member Engagement Conference, taking place on 10 June in London.
Speaking at the opening of this year’s Associations World Congress in Berlin, Hutt said: “With our new Head of Membership developing a valuable member experience, we are now offering a service at the level of a professional society.
“Our community of over 20,000 members is global with association executives concentrated in mainland Europe, the UK, the Middle East, Africa and India. Our event last month in Dubai, our recent Association Leadership events in Brussels, Geneva and London and our forthcoming Africa Associations Congress will be complemented by events in more locations to service our members’ demand for expertly developed programme content.”
Associations World Congress is expected to attract over 200 delegates this year as it takes place at the Estrel Hotel and Convention Centre. The event runs from 10 to 12 April 2016.