The Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) has announced key appointments to the board at its AGM held at The ICC Birmingham.
The board, which will see Caroline Windsor and Nicole Leida continue as joint-chairs, welcomes Sarah Fitzpatrick (Conference Partners Ltd) and Therese Dolan (Diabetes UK) to reinforce the focus on the membership balance of agency and in-house PCO members.
“The inclusion of both Sarah and Therese onto the board has given the association a real boost ahead of what we anticipate being a memorable 2016,” said Windsor.
At the AGM, the announcements were followed by an overview of the 2016 business plan as well as sessions educating members about Trailblazer Apprenticeships and the LivingWage4Events campaign.
“On behalf of our members and the board, I want to thank Rachel for what was a fascinating glimpse into the challenges she has faced and how we can all relate as event professionals,” said Leida.
The full board structure is:
• Caroline Windsor, TFI Group Ltd, joint chair
• Nicole Leida, National Cancer Research Institute, joint chair
• Heather Lishman, association director
• Anthony Hyde, treasurer
· Rose Padmore, Opening Doors and Venues
• Therese Dolan, Diabetes UK
• Sarah Fitzpatrick, Conference Partners Ltd
• Aileen Crawford, Glasgow City Marketing Bureau
• Rhodri Thomas, ICRETH at Leeds Beckett University
• Celia Lloyd, Intelligent Events Ltd
• Sue Etherington, QEII Centre
• Clare Beach, Azura Events Ltd
• Sandra Eyre, ACC Liverpool
• Noemi La Torre, University of Greenwich
• Adam Baggs, Soaring Worldwide
Jennifer Jenkins, and Michael Foreman both former chairs of ABPCO, have received honorary life memberships in recognition of their contributions to the association.
For more information about ABPCO visit www.abpco.org.