Emily King talks to the 2016 graduating class of aspiring #eventprofs about their university learning experiences
1. Why did you choose Leeds Beckett University to study BA Events Management?
They give you the opportunity to work within industry during the course.
2. What modules have you enjoyed the most so far on your course? And what modules are you excited about studying this year?
An enterprise module. This year I am looking forward to exploring my dissertation topic.
3. Is there an events management company that inspires you?
During my placement at the UKCEM I got to sub contract for MPI (Meeting Professionals International) and help aid and create their EMEC 2013 conference in Istanbul.
4. What are you career aspirations? Which company would you most like to work for when you graduate?
In the corporate events industry, I volunteered for Mash Media at International Confex last year.
5. Have you been to any events in particular that have influenced your degree choice?
Watching the London 2012 Olympics.
6. What has been your most memorable moment while studying for your degree?
I continued my relationship with MPI / IMEX and was awarded a place on the Future Leaders Forum in Poland.
7. Where do you see yourself in five years time?
An events manager for a global organisation.