The Meeting Professionals International (MPI) Foundation has announced Stephen Revetria will chair its 2015-2016 Global Board of Trustees. IMEX Group chairman Ray Bloom joins HelmsBriscoe Northern Europe MD Carole McKellar and Anthony Hyde on the new European Council Members list for 2015-2016.
Revetria’s term runs from 1 July 1, 2015, to 31 December, 2016. He became a member of the MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees in July 2007 and serves as senior vice-president of Giants Enterprises, where he is responsible for setting the strategy and vision in developing business opportunities beyond the major league franchise.
“It has been an honour to serve as a trustee for the MPI Foundation over the past several years. The Foundation is focused on strengthening our industry through education support by providing grants and scholarships as well as pan-industry research, and I look forward to working with my fellow trustee members over the next 18 months to further the foundation’s efforts,” he said.
MPI membership is comprised of approximately 18,500 members belonging to more than 80 chapters and clubs in 22 countries.
The full 2015-2016 MPI Foundation European Council Members list is:
- Chair: Carole McKellar, MD Northern Europe, HelmsBriscoe
- Richard Rheindorf
- Julie A. Krueger, global sales lead, Freeman Company
- Ray Bloom, chairman, IMEX Group
- Anthony Hyde, president, Hyde Consultants
- Alda Egurrola-Wienke, strategic account executive, Cvent
- Franck Barbaras, GM Hesperia Tower Hotel & Convention Center
The full list of names on the 2015-2016 MPI Foundation Global Board of Trustees Executive Committee is:
- Chairman: Stephen Revetria, senior vice-president, Giants Enterprises
- Chair-elect: Jim Russell, executive vice-president sales, Freeman Company
- Immediate past chairman: Gus Vonderheide, vice-president of Global Sales-Americas, Hyatt Hotels & Resorts
- Vice-chair of development: Jordan Clark, vice-president of sales, Caesars Entertainment
- Vice-chair of finance: Gregg Hopkins, vice-president of marketing, Newmarket International, Inc.
- Vice-chair of programmes: Leslie Menichini, vice-president of Sales and Marketing, Rosen Hotels & Resorts/Convention Hotels
New full lists of board members and US members were also released. Full details available at: