An hour-long pop-in advice clinic for rising stars from a selection of industry leaders is on the IMEX Frankfurt agenda on 20 May.
The ‘Advice from Leaders – Pop in Rising Star Zone’ session at the show is at 3.30-4.30pm is designed to give young professionals with less than three years industry experience the opportunity to take advice and guidance from a team of industry leaders.
The Barbican-led initiative will bring industry advisors and rising talent together so they can have informal and constructive conversations. Each industry leader will host four 15-minute sessions throughout the hour and will also be on hand following the sessions to offer further guidance.
“The whole idea of the session is to give young professionals the opportunity to learn, educate and share knowledge,” says Jackie Boughton (pictured), head of sales at Barbican Business Events.
“The chosen advisors are from differing areas of the industry but all have a wealth of knowledge they are ready to share with the next generation of professionals. We are all very excited about this event and feel that IMEX is the perfect stage in which to host it,” she adds.
The industry leaders taking part in the event include:
- Jackie Boughton, head of sales at Barbican Business Events
- Sue Etherington, commercial director at the Queen Elizabeth II Conference Centre
- Paul Colston, Managing Editor of Mash Media’s Conference Division
- Kerrin MacPhie, director of sales at ACC Liverpool & ICCA UK & Ireland Chapter chair
- Adam Baggs, creative director & founder of Soaring Worldwide
- Tracy Halliwell, director of business tourism and major events at London & Partners
- Sue Burgess, senior director of operations at BCD M&I
- Alistair Turner, PR director of Davies Tanner
- Alan Newton, Co-founder and COO of Eventopedia
- Jacqui Kavanagh, CEO of Trinity Event Solutions and HBAA chair
The event will take place in Seminar Room 2, Inspiration Hub, Stand G680 at IMEX Frankfurt.