The dust may not yet have settled on this years’ office Christmas party, though there is a strong case for organising your Christmas party for 2015 right now. They say that the early bird catches the worm and the same can be said for the wise old elf that thinks ahead.
Organising a corporate Christmas party can come with hefty responsibilities for the event organiser. Not only does the event need to be interesting, engaging and well attended, it’s also crucial that the event delivers on the night. Regardless of the size, scale, theme and amount of preparation involved, it’s the most anticipated event of the office social calendar year, and the one that your colleagues look forward to (or dread!) the most. The onus is on you to capture the imagination of your team to get everyone involved and pull of a memorable event under the watchful eye of the most senior members of your organisation.
To create an event people will talk about for years, you need a great venue to help deliver the best event for your company. Here at De Vere Venues, we organise hundreds of Christmas parties each year and demand for our nationwide blank canvas modern spaces and historic venues remains high.
We believe we’re well placed to comment on the reasons why it’s time to think about next year’s bash early:
- It’s my party and i’ll change if I want to. By receiving immediate feedback on this year’s Christmas party while it’s fresh in everyone’s mind, you can ascertain which elements of the party might need to change for next year. Get everyone involved – it’s their party after all, and bringing them into the feedback process ticks more than one box for the team.
- The early elf finds the candy cane. It’s no surprise the best venues and dates get scooped up quickly for Christmas parties, and when it’s good, it’s good. People often book the same venue year after year, so make sure you get in quick. With all that vital feedback and hints and tips of what worked and what perhaps didn’t, you can shimmy straight off the dance floor and be first to secure a venue that meets your new criteria whilst it’s still available.
- Look after the jingles and the jangles look after themselves. Every penny counts – know your budget and make sure you work with your venue and event team to make sure you get the biggest bang for your Christmas Cracker buck. By booking early you can secure the best deals which, depending on the scale of your party, could save you considerable funds which could you put towards surprise entertainment or going the extra mile with a theme.
- Keep the Christmas spirit going. We all know January can be grey month – long, cold, dark winter days when the joys of the festivities seem a world away. But they don’t have to be. Keep that Christmas sprit alive and kicking in your office and book a Christmas party as early as possible to increase morale and start preparing for a party the whole team can get excited about.
- Help your’elf to a present. Organising the party in advance means it’s one less thing to worry about – you’ve got your dream venue on your dream date, all at a great price, and if you book with De Vere Venues, our Show Time reward programme will give you all sorts of delights as a thank you for your enquiry – so you can give yourself another little pat on the back. You can also watch gleefully as others go through last minute panic knowing everything’s under control for your party.
Any comments? Email Zoe Vernor