The HBAA announced its full Executive Committee to lead the association over the next year at its Annual Forum in Birmingham this week.
The new line up will be:
- Association Chairman – Chris Parnham, Absolute Corporate Events
- Association Vice Chairman – Jacqui Kavanagh, Trinity Event Solutions
- Past Chair – Chris Peacock, Conference Care
- Venues Chair – Dawn Jaynes, Accor
- Venues Vice Chair – Hayley Stokes, Principal Hayley
- Venues Past Chair – Michael Hodgkinson, Menzies
- Executive Director – Juliet Price, HBAA
- Head of Operations – Carolyn Peers, HBAA
- Executive Committee Member – Lisa Lernoux-Dock, Chewton Glen & Cliveden
The association recognised best practices in the sector at a dinner attended by 300 delegates at Hilton Birmingham Metropole, which also included an awards presentation.
The awards were also presented at the dinner.
The agency of the year awards were based on BDRC reporting which encompassed quarterly secret shopping on service quality and response times.
HBAA Accommodation of the Year was awarded to Prestige Apartment Services; Meetings Agent of the Year was presented to Conference Care and Venue Sector Account Manager of the Year went to Michael Hodgkinson (pictured) of Menzies Hotels who was commended for his for his creativity, candour and exceptional people skills.
Chris Parnham, Chair of the HBAA said: “Congratulations to all of our winners and of course those who were shortlisted. These awards really do recognise the dedication and vigour that we have in raising levels of professionalism in the association and wider sector. Our theme for the Forum this year has been Fast Forward Thinking; these attributes were demonstrated by all of our winners.”
Do you have news for CN? Email: Paul Colston