The Association of British Professional Conference Organisers (ABPCO) has released the names of finalists for its inaugural Excellence Awards. The winners will be crowned on the same day as the association’s Chairman’s Lunch, in London, on the 7 November.
The list of finalists is:
- Best conference by an in-house conference organiser: British Small Animal Veterinary Association (BSAVA), The Universities and Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) and Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
- Best conference by an agency conference organiser: Kenes UK, MCI Glasgow and Morrow Communications
- Best supplier partner: Barbican and Shocklogic
“We were delighted with both the quantity and quality of entries received for the ABPCO Excellence Awards,” said ABPCO Chair Jennifer Jenkins.
“In particular we want to identify winners through a peer review process that includes both a judging panel and voting among the audience on the day of the awards. The shortlist is made up of truly exceptional events, it was a difficult process and the panel had to make some hard choices; we look forward to seeing who will be victorious in November.”
The awards are for ABPCO members only, were free to enter and submissions included:
- The size and scope of the conference and what makes it worthy of recognition
- Any specific innovation in respect of marketing, content, format, programme, presentation or technology
- The impact of the conference on the association and the member and delegate communities in attendance.
Do you have news for CN? Email: Paul Colston