Over 300 guests and representatives from football and rugby stadia across the country celebrated their ’off the pitch’ successes at The Stadium Events & Hospitality Awards 2014, 5 June.
The event, organised by Stadium Experience, was held at the KC Stadium, home of the Hull City Tigers.
There were a total of nine awards, with some awards entered by the club themselves and others by nominations from colleagues, media and other club directors.
The overall winner of the evening was Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club, who scooped the gong for Overall Matchday Hospitality Experience 2014.
The list of winners includes:
- Media Choice Award – Manchester City Football Club
- Conference and Events Sales and Marketing Award – Hampden Park Stadium
- Star for the Future Award – Elisha Lindsay from Newcastle United FootballC Club
- Operations Team of the Year – Reading Football Club
- Directors Choice Award – Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club
- Matchday Hospitality Awards – small stadium (up to 30,000 seats): Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club; medium stadium (up to 40,000 seats): Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club; large stadium (over 40,000 seats): Newcastle United Football Club
- Overall Matchday Hospitality Award – Newcastle Falcons Rugby Club
“These awards recognise those dedicated teams who work tirelessly off the pitch at football and rugby stadia across the UK to make hospitality, conferences and events run seamlessly for their customers,” said Stadium Experience Chairperson Collette Salmon from Liverpool Football Club.
“We are proud to host the Stadium Events and Hospitality Awards and it is an honour to welcome Rugby stadia from across the UK in 2014.”
Do you have a news story for CN? Email: Zoe Vernor