RCP posts 13% increase in events bookings in Q1

The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) has posted a 13 per cent rise in the number of commercial events held at the venue in the first quarter of 2014. The increased figure follows £2.6m in events revenue being brought in at the London venue in 2013.
 
Medical events accounted for 63 per cent of total Q1 commercial events held at the venue, with corporate events including conferences, receptions and dinners representing the majority of the remaining 37 per cent, the venue management reports.

Recent events booked in include the 10th annual International Donor Registry Conference in partnership with the World Marrow Donor Association (WMDA) and the Free from Food Awards 2014.
 
Natacha Allen, RCP Sales and Marketing Manager, says: “It’s a great start to the year, particularly as we celebrate the 50th anniversary of our building by Sir Denys Lasdun. We have a number of new initiatives for our events offering planned, including our recently launched picnic delegate packages”.
 
The RCP Meetings and Events department operates the commercial conference arm of the Royal College of Physicians. The venue, which offers a capacity for 400 delegates over 20 event spaces, currently holds the title of World’s Best Convention Centre awarded by the AIPC and has achieved BDRC’s Gold Venue Verdict.
 
Do you have news for CN? Email: Paul Colston

Paul Colston

Author

Paul Colston

Managing Editor, Conference News & Conference & Meetings World.

Up Next

Related Posts

banner