Nominations are open for the inaugural Association of British Professional Conference Organisers’ (ABPCO) Excellence Awards, timed to coincide with the Chairman’s Lunch in London, 7 November.
There will be three categories:
- Best conference by an in-house conference organiser
- Best conference by an agency conference organiser
- Best supplier partner
“ABPCO members already undergo a rigorous assessment process to join the association. However, the Board wanted to reward the professionalism and dedication of our membership by celebrating those individuals and events that truly stand out,” said Jennifer Jenkins (pictured), Chair of ABPCO.
“In particular we wanted to identify the winners through an unique process that includes peer review. Therefore, in the ethos of sharing best practice and celebrating excellence, an independent panel will select three short-listed candidates to present their submission at the awards lunch prior to voting amongst their peers.”
The awards are for ABPCO members only, and are free to enter. Submissions should be e-mailed to email@example.com no later than 27 June 2014. Any events that are used in the evidence submission need to have taken place between 1 January 2013 and 27 June 2014.
Submissions should include:
- The size and scope of the conference and what makes it worthy of recognition.
- Any specific innovation in respect of marketing, content, format, programme, presentation or technology.
- The impact of the conference on the association and the member and delegate communities in attendance.
Do you have news for CN? Email: Paul Colston