The 10 winners of the 2014 Meetings Industry Association (mia) were announced at a celebratory lunch hosted by Church House Conference Centre, Westminster on 7 April 2014.
The awards were presented by new mia Chairman Andrew Mosley and Steve Knight, Event Director at the Meetings Show, to 10 of the most passionate, enthusiastic and hardworking people from the meetings and events industry.
The full miaList includes:
- Julie Cassidy, Conference Sales Manager at Aztec Hotel & Spa
- Lucy Deller, Senior Event Manager at Central Hall Westminster
- Danny Horgan, Academy Operations Manager at Holiday Inn London Bloomsbury
- Natasha Hughes, Customer Relations Manager at Burleigh Court
- Helen McGlynn, Conference Sales Co-ordinatior at The Old Swan Hotel
- Katie McPhee, Community Marketing Manager at Eventbrite
- Sean Melville, Executive Chef and Food and Beverage Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel
- Chris Mills, Conference and Events Operations Manager at Crowne Plaza Manchester Airport
- Jonathan Morris, Commercial Director at 11 Cavendish Square
- Franck Rosello, Central Operations and Projects Manager at etc.venues.
“We received a huge number of nominations for the miaList 2014, and the standard was high,” said Mosley. “Not surprisingly, choosing the final list was challenging for the judges. I congratulate all who were nominated, but especially those that have been recognised today by inclusion on the miaList 2014. It’s an honour to share the stage with those people whose admirable attitudes towards their work in the meetings industry epitomises the principles the mia stands for: supporting best practice and raising standards.”
Do you have a news story for CN? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org