With a week to go until Earls Court 2 opens its doors to the Event Production Show (EPS, 11-12 February), organiser and owner of Conference News, Mash Media, has confirmed 10 speakers will figure in an extensive line-up for the inaugural Event Technology Theatre.
Designed to offer event organisers, brand managers and experiential marketers a snapshot of how digital technology is influencing the delivery of live events, the Event Technology Theatre will offer a series of informative and inspirational workshops across the two-day show.
Experts from some of the world’s leading experiential marketing agencies including George P Johnson, Imagination and Wasserman will lead 45-minute sessions showcasing the latest innovations and trends in digital technology together with hints, tips and case studies on integrating it with small and large scale events.
Topics covered include:
- Using social media platforms to drive visitors to your event and measuring its success with Joe Edwards of Brand Joe
- A case study on audience engagement and interactivity at Cisco Live! with Gareth Dimelow of George P Johnson;
- Integrating digital with physical showcasing examples of technologically advanced events e.g. multi-sensory firework displays with Ru Barksfield of Wasserman;
- Gamification for better business – an interactive session highlighting how the principles of gaming technology can be adopted in business with Sam Down of Showplans;
- Trends for technology in 2014 with Adam Parry of Event Industry News;
- An overview of how RFID is re-shaping the events industry with Steve Daly and Craig Bennett of ID&C;
- Creative use of technology for competitive advantage with Matthew Maxwell and Matt Jakob of Imagination;
- Making the most of event apps with Clemi Hardie, Noodle Live.
“Technology is playing an increasingly significant role in how events are imagined, delivered and evaluated and there is a real appetite from within the industry to learn how it will impact on our day to day activities,” said Donna Bushell, EPS Event Director. “Ensuring the show remains at the forefront for informative and relevant content, we have included a dedicated space for these discussions in the form of the Event Technology Theatre.
“Situated in the heart of the show floor, we hope that the diverse selection of speakers and sessions in the Theatre will prove an attraction for all visitors as they look to discover the latest developments and breakthroughs in this growing sector.”
Full session synopses and timings for the Event Technology Theatre, which has been supplied by Evolution Dome, can be found at www.eventproductionshow.co.uk/seminars-workshops/event-technology-theatre .
Picture Caption: One of Evolution Dome’s inflatable structures will house the Event Technology Theatre.
Do you have news for CN? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org