Those wishing to apply for Meeting Professionals International (MPI)’s scholarship for UK & Ireland Chapter students, in honour of Vanessa Cotton, have one week to get their applications in.
Vanessa Cotton passed away in June 2010 and had a long and distinguished career in the UK meetings and events industry.
The scholarship is available to MPI member students currently attending a meetings industry related degree in the UK or Ireland and will cover registration, accommodation and travel for at least one student to experience the professional development and networking at the MPI European Meetings & Events Conference (EMEC) 2014 in Istanbul, Turkey, 23-25 February 2014.
The recipient of the scholarship will be able to attend educational sessions and network with over 300 meetings industry professionals. Several UK & Ireland board members will be in attendance and will assist the winner to maximise their participation.
The scholarship is funded by ICC Excel London, Reed Travel Expo and the MPI UK & Ireland Chapter.
Applications must include:
- Student’s full name and contact details (include LinkedIn and Twitter profile links if available)
- Details of course and academic institution
- Details of any voluntary or charity work undertaken including any fundraising activities
- Names and contact details (phone and email) of two referees who can attest to your achievements and suitability for this scholarship.
The following questions should also be answered in any application:
1. Why are you pursuing a career in the events industry?
2. What are you career aspirations?
3. What work experience have you had to date?
4. Who has influenced, inspired or motivated you to achieve your goals? Please explain how this person has inspired you
5. What three words would you use to describe this opportunity?
Students should answer each of the above questions in no more than 200 words per question and submit their applications in a Microsoft Word or .pdf document to Richard Kidd (MPI Secretariat) via email: email@example.com no later than 11 January 2014. The winner will be announced on 21 January 2014.
Do you have news for CN? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org