The HBAA hosted its 11th annual Golf Classic and Activity Day on Wednesday 12 June 2013 at Bowood Hotel, Spa & Golf Resort’s Championship golf course and 2,000 acres of Grade I listed parkland.
Agent and venue members, as well as guests of the HBAA, headed to Wiltshire for the day’s activities, extensive evening networking opportunities and awards presentation. Key industry figures from some of the UK’s leading hotels and venues including Cannizaro House and Accor, as well as major hotel booking agents and representatives from the corporate world, teed off at the internationally acclaimed 18-hole course.
Whilst the golfing aficionados got to grips with the challenging course, non-golfers were treated to a range of outdoor activities hosted by Off Limits Corporate Events, including laser clay shooting and rage buggies. Following the day’s activities, guests enjoyed networking, a three-course meal and prize giving for the golfing and activity winners in the Bowood Golf and Country Club.
- Individual Winner: Julia Hirsch of Starwood Hotels & Resorts
- Team Winner: Team B, consisting of Clare de Brett & Carolyn Anderson from Warren House Conference Centre, Chris Ellis & Jane Clement from Accor and Katherine Hall-Smith from The Roof Gardens
- Best Front 9: Jon Atkins (guest of DeVere Venues)
- Best Back 9: Robert Gore (guest of Well Placed Conference)
- Individual Winner: Robert Gore (guest of Well Placed Conference)
- Team Winner: Andrew May of DeVere Venues + guests: Jon Atkins, Keith Cheese & Alex Armstron