The organiser of the Conference Awards and the Conference Venue & Supplier Awards, the Global Conference Network, claims its London-based event industry awards ceremony was a “sell out” with 670 senior conference professionals coming together at the Brewery on 7 June.
The event, which recognises and promotes best practices among organisations involved in creating and producing conferences, awards and events as well as venues, and associated suppliers, was hosted by Jo Brand.
The Mark of Excellence was introduced this year to recognise entries which were exceptional but just missed out on winning an award.
Rory Ross Russell, Co-Director of the Conference Awards, said: “One of the aims of the Conference Awards is to promote and recognise best practice and it is hoped that the Mark of Excellence will support this.”
A surprise category was the presentation of a Contribution to Industry Award to Ros Oxley, Managing Director of ICBI. This award had only been given once before. The organisers said that Ros’s contribution included her pioneering work in creating Large Scale Events, her innovation and leadership qualities demonstrated over a career of nearly 30 years in conferences.
“The conference industry contributes so much to the UK economy in terms of revenue, job creation and innovation that it is only right and proper that its successes are recognised,” added Claire Wormsley, Co-Director of the Global Conference Network.
Conference Awards winners:
- Best New Conference Launch – Elsevier
- Best Development of an Existing Conference in the UK – Campden Conferences
- Best Development of an Existing Conference outside the UK – i2i Events Group
- Best Association Conference – European Society of Endocrinology (ESE) / BioScientifica Ltd
- Best Corporate Conference – Blueprint (agency) / Volkswagen (client)
- Best Conference alongside an Exhibition – i2i Events Group
- Best Publication led Conference – International Herald Tribune
- Best Managed Event – C Squared
- Best Conference Series – The Eventful Group
- Best B2B Training Business – Informa Telecoms Academy
- Best Delegate Experience – BrandFuel / HAVAS
- Best Overall Conference Venue – etc.venues Victoria
- Best Overall Conference Supplier – Silverstream TV
- Best Operations Team – Informa Life Sciences
- Best Marketing Team – Terrapinn
- Best Awards Programme – UBM Awards and Partnerships
- Best Publication Led Awards Programme – EMAP
- Best Awards Experience – Incisive Media
- Contribution to Industry Award – Ros Oxley, ICBI
Conference Venue & Supplier Awards winners:
- Best New or Refurbished Conference Venue – Titanic Belfast
- Best Purpose Built Conference Venue – ExCeL London
- Best Small Conference Venue (under 300 delegates) – De Vere Venues, Holborn Bars
- Best Medium Conference Venue (300 to 1,000 delegates) – Chelsea Football Club
- Best Large Conference Venue (over 1,000 delegates) – Barbican
- Best Venue Customer Service (under 300 delegates) – America Square Conference Centre
- Best Venue Customer Service (over 300 delegates) – Business Design Centre
- Best Training Venue – etc.venues Victoria
- Best Awards Venue – London Hilton on Park Lane
- Best Hotel Conference Venue – Radisson Blu Edwardian, Heathrow
- Best Conference / Awards Production and Audiovisual Company – Saville Audio Visual
- Best Marketing Services Supplier – Conference Websites by Miramedia
- Best Conference Support Services – ConferenceExpo from Nimlok
- Best Technology Company – Silverstream TV
- Best Venue Finding Agency – Venue Search UK
Photo: Conference News’ Commercial Director, Kirk Thomas, presenting Blueprint with Best Corporate Conference.
Any conference-related news? Email firstname.lastname@example.org