To mark St George’s Day, Visit England has announced its full list of 101 things to do in England before travelling abroad, which includes fish ’n’ chips in Aldeburgh, eating Oysters in Whitstable and a night out on the toon.
The national tourist board launched its Facebook App, 101 Things to Do Before You Go Abroad in January this year and invited trade and consumers to nominate their favourite English experiences by uploading suggestions and pictures to the app. Nominations fell into six categories: Food and Drink; Arts and Culture; Health and Fitness; History and Heritage; Wildlife and Nature and Because it’s awesome. Once approved, the suggestions were pinned onto a map of England and other visitors could view and vote for their favourites.
Visit England’s 101 things to do before you go abroad provide plenty of food and drink for delegates and event organisers and include:
- Food and Drink: Have a pint in England’s oldest pub; Start the day with a full English; Eat a proper Cornish pasty
- History and Heritage: Visit Stonehenge; See the Changing of the Guard; Sleep at Hampton Court Palace
- Arts and Culture: A weekend in Brighton; Discover Shakespeare’s Stratford; Devote a weekend to football
- Wildlife and Nature: Eden project; the Peak District; Watch starlings circle West Pier
- Health and Fitness: Coasteering in Cornwall; Pony trekking in the New Forest; Up at the 02
- Because it’s awesome: Cheese rolling at Cooper’s Hill
Photo credit: Julia Aprea
Do you have a news story for CN? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org