UK hospitality and catering collection, The Lindley Group, has been acquired by North American event hospitality group, Centerplate. Terms of the deal were not disclosed.
Each entity will continue to operate under its current name. The Lindley Group Chief Executive Adam Elliott will assume the title of President of The Lindley Group, and Executive Vice President of Centerplate, reporting to Centerplate President and CEO Des Hague.
Jointly, the new company will provide food, beverage and merchandise services to 115m guests annually, at venues such as the Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter and The Hepworth Wakefield, a regional art gallery.
The Lindley Group run the hospitality at many of the UK’s sporting venues and tourist destinations including Tottenham Hotspur FC’s White Hart Lane, Leicester Tigers’ Welford Road and Watford FC’s Vicarage Road. Centerplate’s venues include sports stadia, entertainment venues and convention centres in the United States and Canada.
Global expansion tops a period of significant growth for Centerplate, previously named the fastest growing restaurant hospitality group in the United States by Nation’s Restaurant News.
Revenues for the combined company are expected to exceed £660m (US$1bn) in 2013, and there are no plans to reduce the company’s combined workforce, which currently stands at over 35,000 people worldwide.
Centerplate and The Lindley Group will partner with a list of the world’s top sporting venues and tourist attractions including:
- White Hart Lane, home of Tottenham Hotspur FC
- The Stadium of Light, home of Sunderland AFC
- Vicarage Road, home of Watford FC
- Hillsborough Stadium, home of Sheffield Wednesday FC
- Celtic Park, home of Celtic FC
- Welford Road Stadium, home to Leicester Tigers rugby union club
- ACC Liverpool, home to the Echo Arena and BT Convention Centre
- The Mercedes-Benz Superdome, home of the New Orleans Saints and 2013 Super Bowl host
- Warner Bros. Studio Tour London – The Making of Harry Potter
- The Vancouver Convention Centre
Infographic photo: UK vs UK – The Lindley Group quizzed the loudest and proudest fans from the US and put them head-to-head versus the most passionate supporters in the UK to get the lowdown on what they eat at sports games.
Any conference-related news? Email email@example.com