The Meetings Industry Association released its MIA-List 2012, at a lunch at BMA House, London on Monday 19 March.
Incoming MIA Chairman, Gary Payne, announced the list of “true heroes of the industry whatever their rank or role, nominated by the industry”.
The MIA describes the list as an initiative designed to further the the association’s commitment to raising standards in the meetings industry and complementing other initiatives such as the AIM accreditation.
A judging panel selected the following 10 professionals to be awarded a place on the MIA-List 2012:
- Samme Allen, Barbican Centre
- Colin Bourner, The Grand Hotel Brighton
- Kim Carrington, Central Hall Westminster
- David Curtis-Brignall, Millennium and Copthorne Hotels
- Nicola Gilmore, Foresight Centre
- Caroline Ginnane, Dominion Theatre
- Fergus Martin, Wyboston Lakes
- Chris Parnham and Fay Sharpe, Zibrant
- Liam Potter, Imperial War Museum North
- Barry Stonham, Wyboston Lakes