The Hotel Booking Agents Association (HBAA) has confirmed its executive committee for 2012, as its Executive Director says it plans to grow the brand overseas.
Chris Peacock, Managing Director of Conference Care, will lead the HBAA as Chairman over the next 12 months. He takes over from Juliet Price.
Peacock brings a wealth of experience in the industry, having previously assumed the roles of Treasurer and Vice-Chairman of the HBAA, alongside many achievements throughout his career. In his new role he will be supported by Zibrant’s Managing Director Chris Parnham, who has been elected as Vice-Chairman.
Parnham has been involved with the HBAA executive committee since November 2010 and his recent work as Head of the Membership Committee has helped achieve an increase in membership.
Commenting on his election, Peacock said: “I feel extremely privileged and excited to take up this role. I know from my association with the HBAA that it really is a powerhouse for best practice and that it continues to go from strength to strength based on the forging of strong relationships both within the organisation and externally.”
HBAA’s Executive Director, Peter Ducker, said: “I am delighted that Chris Peacock and Chris Parnham have agreed to take up these high-profile roles. Their knowledge and experience in the UK and overseas will be a great addition to the Association as we try to grow the HBAA’s brand in important overseas markets.”
Chris Peacock will develop the HBAA’s strategy as well as overseeing the executive committee members:
- Vice Chair – Chris Parnham, Zibrant
- Past Chair – Juliet Price
- Executive Director – Peter Ducker
- Treasurer – Stephen Usher, Trinity Event Management
- Academy Committee Chair – Ellis Salsby, Ellis Salsby
- Events Committee Chair – Jill Fleming, Absolute Corporate Events
- Technology Innovation and Environment (TIE) Committee Chair – Adam Woods, Hotelscene
- Membership Committee Chair – Tracey Symcox, BSI
- Marketing Committee Chair – Andrew Deakin, Conference Care
- Meetings Committee Chair – Gareth Crowder, Zibrant
- Special Projects – Sue Burgess, Inntel
- International Projects – Steve Ockerby, Logical Venue Solutions
- Serviced Apartment Sector Chair – Ricky Kapoor, Hotelworld
Do you have a news story for CN? Email: email@example.com