The ICC Birmingham recently stepped in to ensure 40 delegates at the neighbouring Hyatt Regency Hotel inconvenienced by a fire that broke out in a sauna were able to find safe refuge and keep their meeting schedule. The blaze in the hotel’s Amala Spa broke out on 26 May.
The ICC stepped in to offer food and refreshments to over 100 evacuated guests while the incident was brought under control.
Liz Carnell, Sales Director of The ICC said, “When our closest neighbour needed our help we were more than happy to step in. I was immensely proud of the proactive approach.”
West Midlands Fire Service said one person was hospitalised due to smoke inhalation.
The hotel’s swimming pool and sauna are likely to be out of action for “some considerable time”, the spokesman added.
Do you have a news story for CN? Email: firstname.lastname@example.org