The winners of the 2011 Conference Awards were announced on Friday 17 June at the awards ceremony at the QEII Conference Centre, London.
The event was attended by over 550 conference professionals from 140 companies. The winners were announced by journalist, broadcaster and former Conservative cabinet minister, Michael Portillo.
“The quality and the quantity of entries was fantastic this year and we would like to extend our thanks to the judging panel who spent many hours reviewing the entries. There were some extremely close calls in many of the categories,” said co-founder of the awards, Claire Wormsley.
The full list of winners:
- Best American Conference – Winner – Green Power Conferences – Solar Power Generation
- Best Asia Pacific Conference – Winner – The Eventful Group – Share
- Best Association Conference – Winner – Institute of Fundraising – National Convention 2010
- Best Awards Team – Winner – Emap Ltd – Emap Awards Team
- Best Conference Production Team – Winner – Terrapinn Ltd – Terrapinn Life Sciences UK
- Best Conference Supplier Relationship – Winner – One Moorgate Place
- Best European Conference – Winner – Guardian News and Media – The Guardian Activate Summit
- Best Large Scale Event – Winner – GSMA – GSMA Mobile World Congress 2011
- Best London Conference Venue – Winner – Excel London – Excel London
- Best Managed Event – Winner – Financial Times – FT ArcelorMittal Boldness in Business Awards
- Best Marketing Team – Winner – Incisive Media – Incisive Media Events Marketing Team
- Best Middle Eastern Conference – Winner – George P Johnson EMEA Ltd. – Cisco Networkers 2010 Bahrain
- Best New Conference Launch – Winner – Informa Telecoms & Media – Nigeriacom
- Best Operations Team – Winner – UBM Conferences – Global Operations Team
- Best Sponsorship Initiative – Winner – Neil Stewart Associates using Policy Review TV – London Health 2010
- Best Conference Venue outside of London – Winner – Manchester Central Convention Complex – Manchester CentralConvention Complex
- Best Virtual or Hybrid Conference – Winner – UBM – Sustainability Now
- Innovation Award – Winner – Brandfuel – One Young World
- Triumph in the Face of Adversity – Winner – Concerto Live & CSquared Communications – The festival of Media Valencia 2010
Any conference-related news? Email email@example.com