De Vere Venues’ Chef Jamian Lewis has been awarded the International Conference Centre Chef of the Year Award at the International Association of Conference Centres (IACC) 30th annual conference.
competed in the eighth edition of the Annual Copper Skillet
Competition, which attracted IACC conference centre chefs from around
the world to compete for the trophy.
Competing chefs at the Eight Copper Skillet Competition:
- Chef Jennifer Barker, SigtubahÃ?Â¶jden Hotel and Conference Centre, Sweden
- Chef Klaus Boe Bjerregaard, Comwell Holte, Denmark
- Chef Omar Dahak, Hof van Saksen Resort and Conference Centre, Netherlands
- Chef Murray Hall, BMO Financial Group Institute for Learning, Canada
- Chef Eresh Tantiriwatta, The Grange at Cleveland Winery, Australia
- Chef Jason Weaver, La Torretta Lake Resort and Spa, United States
- Chef Jamian Lewis, De Vere Venues Devonport House, London, United Kingdom
from the Washington, DC area included the Editor of Food Service
Monthly magazine, Michael Birchenall; Rustico’s Chef Steve Mannino; and
the Director of Le Salon Culinaire I`nternational de Londres, Peter
The judges awarded second place to Chef Bjerregaard of Denmark and third place to Chef Hall of Canada.
competition is unique, with just one burner and one pan and very
limited equipment and ingredients,” said Griffiths. “The winner of the
Copper Skillet, Jamian Lewis, who was the UK 2011 Champion, excelled in
the eyes of all thejudges, including two from America, producing the
best balanced, perfectly cooked and most flavoursome dish from the
surprise basket of ingredients provided.”
The three-day conference was hosted by The National Conference Centre in Leesburg, Virginia, USA.
Chef Jamian Lewis was presented the award by Peter Stockmann, President
of IACC Americas and Neil Pompan President of IACC Global.
Any conference-related news? Email firstname.lastname@example.org