EIBTM up

EIBTM has posted an eight per cent increase in visitors to its 2008 show, following its ABC audit.

The Reed Travel Exhibitions’ organised show, which took place at the Fira Gran Via, Barcelona 2-4 December 2008, attracted a total of 8,131 visitors.

There were 3,725 hosted buyers, an increase of 12 per cent on 2007.

“You just had to walk down the aisles to see how many meetings were being undertaken and how much business was being negotiated,” says Paul Kennedy, MBE and group exhibition director for Reed Travel Exhibitions’ portfolio of events.

Final event statistics show that the largest ever gathering of hosted buyers came from as far a field as Australia, China, India, Thailand and the Americas.

Over 92 countries were represented. Europe represented 89.2 per cent of the total visitor attendance with the remaining 10.8 per cent from the rest of the world.

Paul Colston

Author

Paul Colston

Managing Editor, Conference News & Conference & Meetings World.

Up Next

Related Posts

banner